Hello, and congratulations on publishing your book! As avid readers and writers, we understand and appreciate the work that goes into such an incredible project and we salute your dedication!
Our goal in curating the selection in our store is to provide exceptional books and events for our community. That said, please understand that we are a small team, with a very small bookshop. Because of our limited shelf space, we must be very selective with the titles we carry. We give the same consideration for independently published books as traditionally published books.
- Phone calls
- Dropping off a review copy (unless we request)
- Social Media DMs
Are You Self-Published?
We will only consider self-published books by local authors and/or illustrators. We do not buy from Amazon. They are a competitor actively trying to put small bookstores out of business. We do not currently take books on consignment. Your books must be available for purchase through Ingram with a standard industry discount. Priority will be given to authors and illustrators who have shown dedication to their craft, to learning the industry and learning their specific market. Examples of this include:
- Having been an active member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators or other legitimate professional writing organizations for at least one year before your book was self published
- Able to give titles of recently published works that are comparable to yours
- Active social media presence
**You may email us at HELLO@TWJBOOKSHOP.COM**
Please include the following information:
- Author Bio
- Book Synopsis
- Pictures (Cover, and at least one inside showing text)
- How To Order and Retail Discount (Industry standard is 40-50%)
- Storytime Experience and Availability
Please know that we read every email!
Unfortunately, because we are a small team, we cannot respond to every query as much as we would love to. If we do not respond within 14 business days, we are not interested at this time.